The Completely revised and updated Orvis Fly-Fishing Guide is the best-selling book for fly anglers!
Whether you’re a soon-to-be fly fisher looking for the right book to get you started or you’re reasonably proficient at the sport and need a refresher course on tying knots for saltwater or the latest info on how to care for your waders or how to fish a dry fly in tricky currents, this invaluable, best-selling guide is for you.
The latest, most up-to-date and trustworthy information on:
- Tackle selection and care - rods, reels, lines, leaders and knots
- Casting with instructive line drawings by Bob White
- Hundreds of flies in full color, including 50 new patterns
- Presentation, striking, playing and landing
- Tactics for stream, stillwater and salt
- New techniques including Tenkara and Czech nymphing
- How to fish all the major gamefish, fresh and saltwater, including salmon and steelhead
- Plus a new chapter on conservation, stream etiquette and giving back
This Guide may be the single most valuable item a novice angler can buy . . . and most of us would do well to re-read the sections on flies, fly selection, and stream tactics every spring before pulling on our waders for the first time.